Sunday, November 8, 2020

Quarentine Dump take II

 


My Quarentine productivity has persisted. As always I have been painting figures constantly, and not making enough terrain. Here I have somewhat remedied that with some smaller creations.  

A boat built with the help of a proxxon.  

Perry War of the Roses Halberdiers painted as Lannisters or Swiss or Warhammer Empire Talabheim. 

This is a fun little terrain piece, a fairy circle It is hot glue beaded onto wax paper, removed and then toothpicks shoved into the mushroom tops.  


This is a meant to be a woodsy barricade 

Here we have sacks and bags made from tissue paper dipped in 50/50 water:glue and shaped/folded. 


These are supposed to be tanning racks and haystack frames. Made from twigs and hotglue, with some thread for roping.  


This firewood was made by cutting matchsticks and a brown wash. I think it looks very cool.

A group shot of the new scatter.

Another fun piece out of twigs, hotglued twigs to a popsicle stick and sanded grout for basing.  


This is a grass mat from Aliexpress.  I really love the look of it and will likely tart it up in the future.  



For those proxxon owners not willing to pay for the shifting sands equipment, here is your answer; build one from legos. Even if you dont own any legos this is likely a cheaper option. Shifting Sands stuff costs $30 dollars for shipping to the USA alone. 

Some more pink foam creations.  I put flock and tufts on these later. 


I started adding bowstrings to all my favorite Archer models.  This is done by using sewing thread and supergluing it to a bow. It really is quite easy and I am surprised it is not a near universal in the hobby community. My process was creating a simple knot without tightening the knot and then looping it on the bow and tightening. Then glue is applied to the knot/bow.  After that glue has dried I pull the thread downward and place a drop of glue at the opposite end of the bow. Simple. 


This was slightly more complicated but you get the picture.  



No comments:

Post a Comment