Sunday, September 26, 2021

2020/2021 update

Another overdue picture dump of my scattered projects. 2020 and 2021 really saw me eat into some of my oldest back log as well as my ability to instantly buy and paint new items. 


Wargames Atlantic Irish with one GB viking head on the left and victrix celt heads on the right. I did not love the wargames atlantic irish heads. I only purchased one sprue. 

Orc archers from GB bodies and oathmark heads and arms


Oathmark Elf Light infantry

North Eastern European warriors GB viking body and FF Russian head, and a GB Metal Rus

Artizan Carolingians that will double as Tolkien Westerners



Oathmark Elves with hoplite shields

Trying to keep track of my victrix vikings

Frostgrave cultist bods, FG wizard arms and greenstuff heads. The left head is an old GW skeleton skull and the right is a Frostgrave demon head with a greenstuff attempt at a mask/animal skull



Frostgrave Barbarian with a westwind saxon head


Victrix saxon thegn with an oathmark light elf head that I made from a oyumaru mold


Here I began my oathmark elf cavalry from victrix macedonian cav with oathmark elf heads that I molded with oyumaru



Some random figures here with a perry WOR archer victrix dacian and Footsore beserker with GB north eastern shield
'

The finished Oathmark elven cavalry

 On the left we have aventine early byzantine archers and on the right plastic fireforge byzantine auxiliaries. All made in mind to double as tolkien westerners


Byzantine Spearmen with byzantine fireforge heads, victrix saxon heads and two fireforge Russian heads for the officer types. The bodies are mostly fireforge sergeants with two byzantine auxiliary armored bodies. 


Fireforge byzantine auxiliaries with some victrix celtic heads thrown in.

GB timurid metal afghan tribesmen

These are meant to be Eastern German migration era infantry from Victrix Dacians, Fireforge scandinavians, GB goth cav heads, GB viking bodies, GB dark age cav heads, and one artizan carolingian on the left.


Black tree US paratropper 30 cal team with home made foam ruins



Copplestone RCW Bolsheviks


OOP Wargames Factory American Infantry

Black Tree US paratroopers

Reaper Bones wizard and Reaper Metal Grand Mystic

Fellowship era GW metals

Fireforge Resin Druzhina painted up as Lithuanian Cavalry. They have Perry shields that I oyumarud to make the distinctive Baltic/Lithuanian Pavise. I backed the Fireforge Russian Kickstarter many years ago and when I recieved these minis I emailed fireforge to tell them how dissapointing the miniatures were as the sculpts look very off. However, now that I have painted them many years later they are way more acceptable now that they are painted. I dont think Fireforge has sold too many of these kits. 


Victrix Saxons painted up to Double as Tolkien Westerners

Here we have Artizan and GB carolingians painted as Carolingians and tolkien westerners with a few kitbashed figures and a GB scot as Boromir.

Saga Age of Invasions V2 is featuring Sassanids. So I figured my Dark Age Steppe/Iranian Cav might need some foot to accompany them. These are Wargames Atlantic Persian Heads with GB dark age bodies. They will hopefully get Sparabarra shields if I can successfully oyumaru the WA sparrabarra. 


Here are Wargames Atlantic Persians to triple as Sassanid Spear and Haradrim. 


These are old glory Poles/Lithuanians with GB Prus shields. They are nearer to 25mm than your average 28mm figure and are similar in size to the initial GB plastic Saxon and viking sets. 


More Sassanid/Achaeminid/Haradrim, this time archers. On the left you have the more tribal skythian and arab types and on the right the more Sassanid/City types. 



And finally, wargames atlantic new mid/late romans painted to double as romans and tolkien westerners. Love those plumes!













No comments:

Post a Comment