Wednesday, September 28, 2022

NEW HOUSE NEW WARGAME ROOM and First SAGA V2 game


Greetings fellow travelers! I have moved out of my apartment and I am in my new house. Of course the first thing I did was begin working on my crafting/wargame room. It is tighter quarters than my parents basement but it will do just nicely. 

I added Shelving intended for miniature display... but I quickly realized a more efficient use of space would put the miniatures away in boxes and the delicate terrain should occupy the shelves. 

Here we have half my gaming table 4 x 3. I was unsure if the 6 x 4 would be feasible, but lucky for me it fits, though definitely cramped. 

 Which brings us to the first wargame in my new house as well as the only game since I solo'd rangers of Shadow deep a year or two ago. 

My first game of SAGA V2 as well as Age of Magic. The matchup featured Great Kingdoms consisting of Elves and Men, against the foul undead. The scenario with three center objective markers was selected for play. Ultimately this game is imagined as a battle in Eregion between a Nazgul and undead against an Eregion force of Elves with Dunedain reinforcements.  


Great Kingdoms featured:

  • Warlord on horse Elf
  • Lieutenant Human
  • Champion on Horse Elf
  • Hearth Guard Mounted 6x elf
  • Warriors 8x elf
  • Warriors 10x Human
  • Levy Bowmen 12x Elf
  • Levy Bowmen 12x Human
  • Sorcerer Human
(all characters should have been mounted if i were to build this list again)

Undead composition:

  • Warlord
  • Black Knight
  • Titan
  • Quadrepeds x3 (proxy 6 spiders on cav bases)
  • Warriors x 10
  • Warriors x10
  • Mindless x 20
  • Hearthguard with Heavy Weapons x4
  • War Machine
(for the undead I think I would go for more skeletons, maybe instead of mindless, and if hearth guards are taken they are probably better served as mounted, same with the characters, I also don't think a warmachine was worth it here)


The battle started favorably for the Great kingdoms. The elven cavalry dispatched the spiders in a round or two of combat. Great Kingdoms also seized the initiative closing in all three objectives. 


However, the favor of battle shifted to the undead as the Elven hearth guard cavalry began to dwindle as the Undead Titan lumbered around the battlefield toward the Eastern Objective. The Elven Champion hastened his travel to meet the Titan head on. 


The Champion and Titan exchanged blows for several rounds, but after absorbing many blows the titan slew the Elven Champion. The Elven Prince then surged forward to seize the attach on a tired monster, the Elven hearth guard flanked their Prince to ensure his safety.  The elven bowmen double timed toward the center objective as time was becoming less in their favor as the lumbering zombies were drawing close.  


On The Western side of the field, the Nazgul and guard surged forward followed by their skeleton minions to close on the Eregion battle line and contest the Western objective. 

The human bowmen and human warriors prepared for battle and the human bowmen unleashed on the Nazgul's guard. The Nazgul and guard charged the human warriors doing damage but the warriors stood strong. 


 After the Titan and Hearth guard were killed it was abundantly clear that the Great Kingdoms had one the day. by turn 6 the VP/objective Points were 31 to 16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment