Monday, June 8, 2015

New Table, Baltic Pagan Command, and Livonian Sword Brothers


This is my first attempt at doing a removable command stand, the miniatures are too awesome to not have individual capabilities.
I used 2 dollar modelling clay from the craft store. it never fully hardens so the brick you buy doesnt go to waste from lack of use. The lack of hardening has not been an issue.

Since the I have to base the miniature stand the clay was covered with white glue and sand, theoretically giving the clay a little more durability.

I think it turned out quite nicely for my first attempt.

This table is a dream come true! its been half done for quite some time, lacking a paint job for too long. I went for a light brown table, so terrain can be used from any climate, cover it with some snow terrain desert terrain, or swamp and it'll do the job.

I added some new banners to these pagans, previously they only had the poles, the mini on the far right it metal and the plumes as well as the banner's length prevented me from giving it a banner, oh well.

These Livonian Sword Brothers have also been nearing completion for a while. Now they only await basing. They are fireforge templar knights, with a couple heads and additional comparisoned horses from the teutonic set. They also have brettonian red fleur de lis transfers on their tunics. The banner is from this blog: http://michasfiguren.blogspot.com/. Again thanks micah for the great banners and shields!



This is my pagan idol. It is a pewter santa statuette sprayed in dark brown and then a light spray of a wierd red-brown. I hot glued it to a cardboard base, and covered the cardboard with hotglue to give it texture, then picked some spots for some sand.

Scale comparison with a Livonian sword brother.

Here is the fully based command stand with banner.

The finished pagan idol is under attack! Teutonic knights come to destroy the old gods!

I love this table!

No comments:

Post a Comment